Many new digital marketing trends and strategies that are evolving in the current market. Here are ten key digital marketing trends for 2019:
1. Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the new trend in digital marketing. AI will take over the world. AI can analyze consumer behavior and search patterns, utilizing data from social media platforms and blog posts to help businesses understand how users and customers find their products and services. For example, Facebook messenger bots (which we’ll talk more about later) can help you automate and optimize your customer service.
2. Programmatic Advertising: Programmatic advertising means using AI to automate ad buying so you can target more specific audiences. It’s changing the face of digital advertising so swiftly. This automation is much more efficient and fast, which means higher conversions and lower customer acquisition costs.
3. Chatbots: Chatbots are playing a very important role in advertising and sales. You already experienced the chatbot service. Many customers prefer interacting with chatbots as they are responsive, give answers promptly, accurately recall your entire buying history, and never lose patience. These virtual assistants offer outstanding customer service, meeting customers’ expectations and automating repetitive tasks – which means you can focus on more important work. This AI-based technology uses instant messaging to chat in real-time, day or night, with your customers or site visitors. With 1.4 billion people interacting with chatbots, 80% of savvy businesses are already using or plan to use chatbots by 2020. And by 2022, chatbots will help businesses save over $8 billion per annum, especially in the banking and healthcare industries.
4. Video Marketing: Video marketing is trending from last few years. Marketers are using platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter for video marketing. Still graphics are lost somewhere. Video Marketing is growing more as compared to still graphics. 70% posts are video posts in social media. Users like to see video rather than images.
- 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand’s video
- 72% of businesses say video has improved their conversion rate
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video
5. Voice Search & Smart Speakers:
Hey Siri, call mom?
Alexa, find me a icecream parlour near me
Smart speakers like Alexa and Google Home are also on the rise: 39 million Americans use smart speakers and 65% of them say they wouldn’t want to go back to life without their voice-controlled assistant. The increasing use of voice search has made it important for companies to rethink their digital marketing strategies in 2019. Voice search plays an important role in providing all the relevant information that people are searching for through audio content. Artificial Intelligence is getting smarter and the number of errors made by voice assistants like Alexa, Siri and Google has reduced.
- 50% of all searches will be voice searches by the year 2020
- 20% of mobile queries on Google are voice searches
- 25% of all Bing searches are voice searches
All the marketers should use these trends in your marketing. 2019 will be about better customer experience with personalization, automation and AI-powered technology, so to stay ahead of the curve and increase conversions in the coming year, you’ll need to get better at producing custom, conversational content – particularly audio and video content – to share with your better-targeted audience.